Re: Cooling attic (and home) by spraying water on roof (shingles) - good/bad?

--------------020500090104060809000204

Jim Baber's expanded comments:

> wkearney99 wrote:
>
>>> Is there anything written up about residential roof cooling with water
>>> spray?
>>>

>> Besides the glaring fact of WASTING WATER?
>
> Several people including Phil Scott have made good comments here.  I
> feel I need to make 2 points I didn't in the earlier post.

   1. The average humidity in Fresno CA is generally quite low in the
      daytime during the summer.  Right now it is 8:30 in the morning
      the humidity is 66%, and the temperature is only 62.8 with an
      expected high of 92 @ 17:00 pdt.  The humidity will probably drop
      to about 25 - 35% if it performs as usual.
      This is really ideal for misting as a cooling device.
      I just wish these temperatures would continue all summer, but we
      are supposedly going to hit 100's next week (the latest in several
      years by the way).
   2. Wind does severely reduce the effectiveness of the misting as far
      as cooling, but one of the major problems with the weather in
      Fresno is the LACK of wind in the summer. At best we can maybe get
      a 3 - 6 mph breeze and that will usually be after 7 PM. I just
      looked at my weather station again, the highest wind speed over
      the pas 24 hr was a gust to 4 mph most of the rest at 2 - 3 mph.
      with long periods without any at all.  Rather typical and boring.
      <>
      By the way, in the 5 min. I've been typing, the Relative humidity
      dropped to 62 and the temperature went up to 64

--------------020500090104060809000204

begin:vcard
fn:Jim  Baber
n:Baber;Jim
adr:;;1350 W. Mesa Ave.;Fresno;CA;93711-2008;USA
email;internet:jim@xxxxxxxxx
tel;home:(559)435-9068
tel;cell:(559)905-2204
x-mozilla-html:TRUE