Re: plugin XML files

John,

Just a thought, but if the xml is going to contain URLs, how about we
add an element for the URL of the vendor XML itself.
An updated xPLHal could know to look there first.  Eventually there will
be no need for you to host links to all the vendor's xml files, and have
to edit them when they get new domains.

Speaking of which, I too am moving to a new site (www.xplmonkey.com) and
my vendor file (mal.xml) can now be found at
http://www.xplmonkey.com/downloads/mal.xml

Could you update my entry too please :-)

Thanks

Mal

.

John B wrote:

> Hi Gerry,
>
> > 1) Root node agnosticism
> > I really don't think it's a biggie, but it would be nice if
> > the root node was not "<xplhalmgr-plugin>".  I
know it was
> > originally created for xPLHAL, but as the role of this file
> > grows as high level definer of xPL capabilities, a more
> > generic root node would have been nice.  That said, there
> > doesn't seem like much point in changing it now.
>
> I have no problem with this - I was thinking the same thing only
> recently.
>
> It appears that xPLHal currently ignores the name of the root node
> anyway, so how about we change it to just <xpl-plugin>.
>
> > 2) Device information
> > I was surprised at how little information about a device
> > there is (well, demographic info -- there is plenty of other
> > info).  I know this was part of the xPLDiag discussion and
> > such, so rehashing here isn't worth it.  However, it would be
> > nice to eventually add a "friendly" description, a
current