RE: plugin XML files

Hi Mal,

> Just a thought, but if the xml is going to contain URLs, how
> about we add an element for the URL of the vendor XML itself.
> An updated xPLHal could know to look there first.  Eventually
> there will be no need for you to host links to all the
> vendor's xml files, and have to edit them when they get new domains.

True - though we'd still need the initial master list for new/empty
xPLHal installs.

We'd also need to set in stone the one vendor per file issue discussed
previously.

> Speaking of which, I too am moving to a new site
> (www.xplmonkey.com) and my vendor file (mal.xml) can now be
> found at http://www.xplmonkey.com/downloads/mal.xml
>
> Could you update my entry too please :-)

Yep - though due to changes in our own hosting arrangements, the master
plugins file will be moving to a new site shortly.
xPLHal will always try the backup mirror if it can't contact the master,
so users will stillbe able to download plugins - but it may be more
difficult to make updates to the master file.

We have a new release of xPLHal just around the corner that will be
pointing at the new master file location.

Regards,

John