RE: Question on plugin files

> Two questions on plugin files, if you don't mind:
>
> 1) Is it a requirement that the name of the plugin file match
> the vendor portion of the <device> tag in that same file
> (i.e. for a <device
> cdp1802-rgbled>, the file must be cdp1802.xml)?

No - not technically anyway.

We decided to organise all devices from a particular vendor into a
single XML file - but there's no technical reason why we can't
reconsider this policy if required.

> 2) If no on #1, is it legal to have devices in a single file
> from two or
> more different vendors?

xPLHal will handle devices from different vendors in the same file, but
I don't think this should be a recommended way of doing things.

What's your own view on the best approach?

One file per vendor, and only one vendor's devices in that file?
Multiple files per vendor?

Regards,

John