Latest message you have seen: RE: Re: plugin XML files

Question on plugin files

  • Subject: Question on plugin files
  • From: Gerry Duprey <gerry@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2005 16:57:11 -0400

Howdy,

Two questions on plugin files, if you don't mind:

1) Is it a requirement that the name of the plugin file match the vendor
portion of the <device> tag in that same file (i.e. for a <device
cdp1802-rgbled>, the file must be cdp1802.xml)?

2) If no on #1, is it legal to have devices in a single file from two or
more different vendors?

I'd like to believe the answers are yes and no, but I can easily deal with
no and no.  no and yes is more difficult (I can live with it :-).  yes and
yes is impossible, given the way logic works in this universe :-)

Gerry
--
Gerry Duprey
Ann Arbor, MI 48103