Re: Changes to Protocol Docs - a Summary

Howdy,

> If the app is in config mode, presumably when it receives
hbeat.request
> it should respond with a config.app?

The way I've been thinking, I would agree with this (that a hbeat.request
got a hbeat.app/basic or config.app/basic back as a response, depending on
the devices state).

> Also, to be of any use, the version number would need to be added to
the
> config.app schema as well as hbeat.app (or we won't have any version
> info about programs that are not yet configured).

Related to that, and again, I think this would come as a recommendation
than
a requirement, does anyone have an opinion on the format of the version?  I
can see 1) Leaving it entirely to the developer, 2) suggesting a V1.0
format
(version=V1.0) or 3) suggesting a "number" only (i.e.
version=1.0)

My thought right now is that the #3 would be the best way.

Note, by "number" only, I mean the raw version ident.  It
certainly could
have letters or something, justs no prefixes like "V" or
"Vrsn" or anything.

Gerry
--
Gerry Duprey