RE: Re: xPLMediaNet - MVP Boot Patch

  • Subject: RE: Re: xPLMediaNet - MVP Boot Patch
  • From: "Tony Tofts" <tony@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 24 Sep 2005 10:05:24 +0100

Hi Steve,

> I had the unable to contact GUI server problem this morning
> using, what I thought was, the latest dongle.bin 24_23096 and
> Tony's patched mvp.dll. I have also found, but not yet used,
> BETA  25.23242 not yet found 25_23209. I had been able to
> load up previously. It was resolved by re-copying Tony's
> MVP.DLL into the MVP folder - overwriting the one there (same
> size and date), which also involved restarting the service.

The only dongle.bin tested is the one on hauppuage website (the current
release version), there's a link on my website - I've found this 100%
reliable so far - but haven't got around to leaving an mvp on overnight yey

> I have also had a few problems in other areas; which is
> probably lack or poor configuration on my behalf;
>
> 1. On loading up a second MVP the PCs CPU went, and stuck, at
> 100% and the first MVP stopped playback. (This happened a
> couple of times) I only got that MVP up after doing the
> process above although I did manage to load a third MVP OK. I
> must say that remote control take over is absolutely brilliant.

I'll look into this

> 2. Jukebox mode is the same on both the MVP and Web interface
> but both of these miss a number of albums that are available
> under the music option. I have tried rescanning the  jukebox
> with no success.

Can you look at something that's not showing and see what's different about
it please?

E.g. jukebox only considers something an album if there are > 4(?)
tracks

> 3. I haven't managed to get  video sources or picture sources
> to work, I have implemented the change to xplmedianet.xml to
> set the sources line correct.

That's odd, are you sure you installed the main update prior to the mvp
install please?

If you'd like to zip up your xplmedianet.xml, mvp loader.xml, and
video/pictures loaders I'll take a look

> 4. some of the cover art doesn't always display.

At what point is this happening please? Main screen, or in menu's etc?

> 5. I don't seem to be able to change the name in device.xml
> and retain it - it seems to get overwritten by the old name unitX etc.

Will investigate this

> Under xPLRioNet I used to get tracks selected from the web
> interface appearing twice in the current play list - this
> doesn't seem to occur with MediaNet..

It's totally different now, so shouldn't get any duplicates

> The playback seems a lot more stable than xplRIONET with the
> MVP playing flawlessly despite high CPU usage circa 50%.
> although CPU usage seems higher the XPLRIONet.

Strange, I haven't seen it go over 2% on a video (not sure I've checked
music). Is this video or music?

Thanks for the feedback

Am working today, but will investigate some of this when I later today or
tomorrow

Regards
Tony