Re: Re: xPLMediaNet - MVP Boot Patch

  • Subject: Re: Re: xPLMediaNet - MVP Boot Patch
  • From: Steve Nye <nye.forums@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 24 Sep 2005 09:05:40 +0100

I had the unable to contact GUI server problem this morning using,
what I thought was, the latest dongle.bin 24_23096 and Tony's patched
mvp.dll. I have also found, but not yet used, BETA  25.23242 not yet
found 25_23209. I had been able to load up previously. It was resolved
by re-copying Tony's MVP.DLL into the MVP folder - overwriting the one
there (same size and date), which also involved restarting the
service.

I have also had a few problems in other areas; which is probably lack
or poor configuration on my behalf;

1. On loading up a second MVP the PCs CPU went, and stuck, at 100% and
the first MVP stopped playback. (This happened a couple of times) I
only got that MVP up after doing the process above although I did
manage to load a third MVP OK. I must say that remote control take
over is absolutely brilliant.

2. Jukebox mode is the same on both the MVP and Web interface but both
of these miss a number of albums that are available under the music
option. I have tried rescanning the  jukebox with no success.

3. I haven't managed to get  video sources or picture sources to work,
I have implemented the change to xplmedianet.xml to set the sources
line correct.

4. some of the cover art doesn't always display.

5. I don't seem to be able to change the name in device.xml and retain
it - it seems to get overwritten by the old name unitX etc.

Under xPLRioNet I used to get tracks selected from the web interface
appearing twice in the current play list - this doesn't seem to occur
with MediaNet..

The playback seems a lot more stable than xplRIONET with the MVP
playing flawlessly despite high CPU usage circa 50%. although CPU
usage seems higher the XPLRIONet.

I must say that this has taken the old XPLRioNet functionality great
steps forward.

Steve