Re: Re: xPLMediaNet - MVP Boot Patch

Hi Tony, I have a bit more information on some things.

On 24/09/05, Tony Tofts <tony@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi Steve,
>
> > I had the unable to contact GUI server problem this morning
> > using, what I thought was, the latest dongle.bin 24_23096 and
> > Tony's patched mvp.dll. I have also found, but not yet used,
> > BETA  25.23242 not yet found 25_23209. I had been able to
> > load up previously. It was resolved by re-copying Tony's
> > MVP.DLL into the MVP folder - overwriting the one there (same
> > size and date), which also involved restarting the service.
>
> The only dongle.bin tested is the one on hauppuage website (the
current
> release version), there's a link on my website - I've found this 100%
> reliable so far - but haven't got around to leaving an mvp on
overnight yey

I will leave it with that version then.

> > I have also had a few problems in other areas; which is
> > probably lack or poor configuration on my behalf;
> >
> > 1. On loading up a second MVP the PCs CPU went, and stuck, at
> > 100% and the first MVP stopped playback. (This happened a
> > couple of times) I only got that MVP up after doing the
> > process above although I did manage to load a third MVP OK. I
> > must say that remote control take over is absolutely brilliant.
>
> I'll look into this

I noticed that when I turn off my MVP PC CPU utilisation goes to 100%
and back down when I turn it on. I have also found some track(s)  that
consistently causes the MVP to reload they appear to be VBR, when the
MVP reloads CPU utilisation goes to 100%.

> > 2. Jukebox mode is the same on both the MVP and Web interface
> > but both of these miss a number of albums that are available
> > under the music option. I have tried rescanning the  jukebox
> > with no success.
>
> Can you look at something that's not showing and see what's different
about
> it please?
>
> E.g. jukebox only considers something an album if there are > 4(?)
tracks

All have >4 tracks but I probably have more albums not showing than
are showing I will keep looking - mayb try a purge and scan and see
where taht ends up.

> > 3. I haven't managed to get  video sources or picture sources
> > to work, I have implemented the change to xplmedianet.xml to
> > set the sources line correct.
>
> That's odd, are you sure you installed the main update prior to the
mvp
> install please?

Yes I believe so I installed the original package and then
UPDATE_200509201730 and UPDATE_200509210730.

> If you'd like to zip up your xplmedianet.xml, mvp loader.xml, and
> video/pictures loaders I'll take a look

I will send to you off-list.

> > 4. some of the cover art doesn't always display.
>
> At what point is this happening please? Main screen, or in menu's etc?

In the jukebox some cover art is missing it displays as a filmstrip
with a musical note at the en, the same is true when selecting the
same album from music. That coverart is 786x768x26b JPG (90.3KB).

I can not get any coverart displayed on the MVP despite changing
loader.xml in the MVP file I also changed an item frm covertart to
coverart but that didn't seem to make any difference.

> > 5. I don't seem to be able to change the name in device.xml
> > and retain it - it seems to get overwritten by the old name unitX
etc.

> Will investigate this
>
> > Under xPLRioNet I used to get tracks selected from the web
> > interface appearing twice in the current play list - this
> > doesn't seem to occur with MediaNet..
>
> It's totally different now, so shouldn't get any duplicates
>

> > The playback seems a lot more stable than xplRIONET with the
> > MVP playing flawlessly despite high CPU usage circa 50%.
> > although CPU usage seems higher the XPLRIONet.
>
> Strange, I haven't seen it go over 2% on a video (not sure I've
checked
> music). Is this video or music?

It was music

> Thanks for the feedback
>
> Am working today, but will investigate some of this when I later today
or
> tomorrow
>
> Regards
> Tony