Re: xPL-Issue

It's not just reinvention of the wheel - it's like having to replace all
your cars each time a new kind of wheel is invented.  With each app
containing hub code, if the system is changed (as might have to happen
to remove the use of the mutex), all apps must be rebuilt and
reinstalled - that's just not right.

If all xPL apps shipped with a stand-alone hub (and did not have a built
in one - not even in xPLHal), and that hub was installed only if it was
newer than the existing one, we'd solve all the problems at once.

Mal

Neil Wrightson wrote:

> Hi Ian,
>
> Your last comment, to me appears to be the most logical.
>
> > I can't recall who it was that said at the time (might have been
Mal)