RE: xPL-Issue

  • Subject: RE: xPL-Issue
  • From: "Neil Wrightson" <neilw@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 10 Sep 2005 08:52:55 +1000

Hi Guys,

I seem to read issues with this HUB thing and xPLHAL every couple of weeks.
It appears that the best practice is to ensure that the xPLHAL service is
up
and running before everything else ??

I don't know a lot about the inner workings of services etc. When looking
at
a service in the windows service manager, there is a Dependencies TAB that
lists the required services etc that must be running for the currently
selected service. Could the xPLHAL service be added to this list for say
the
W800 service (Am I correct in assuming the W800 is a service?) so that
unless the xPLHAL is up and running the W800 app won't not start, or if it
tries to start it must start the xPLHAL service first.

Alternatively, a separate app that is run at the PC start-up that starts
each of the services/apps one at a time and in the correct order. If a
service/app does not start a window could then be displayed stating that
there is a problem. As each service/app is selected from the start-up list,
it could be tested to ensure that it is running prior to moving onto the
next item.

Regards,

Neil Wrightson.