Re: xPL-Issue

Howdy,

xPL4Java and xPLHAL should get along fine.

Are you trying to start xPL4Java right when you computer boots?  Or do you
still need to manually start it.  If the later, then the problem can't
really be an interaction problem because xPL4Java isn't started when xPLHAL
starts.

If you do have xPL4Java starting at reboot, then the only thing I can
figure
is that if xPL4Java starts first, it'll look for an xPLHub and if there
isn't one running, will start it's own.  If xPLHAL tries to start a hub
without seeing if there is a hub already running and errors out because of
that, then either 1) xPLHAL has to be told not to bother starting a hub
(though we then need to insure that xPL4Java always start first) or 2)
insure xPL4Java starts after xPLHAL does (if xPL4Java seen xPLHAL has
created a hub, it'll just use it vs. trying to start one itself).

Of course, your problem could be something else too, but this is where I'd
start.  I'm particularly curious about whether xPL4Java is set to start at
boot time or not.

Gerry