RE: xPL Readme.txt (more Questions!)

  • Subject: RE: xPL Readme.txt (more Questions!)
  • From: "Tony Tofts" <tony@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2005 22:25:41 +0100

> That poses a bit of a problem - in MediaPortal, the file
> extension is used to determine the file type - and therefore
> what module to use to play it back.  I'm sure there are many
> devices out there that support more than one media format -
> how does the client distinguish them?

Sorry, I should expand on that. The extension will be part of the message,
just separate to the filename

Something like

Status=playing, type=mpg, video=my holiday

> Sounds like you have something like a private, internal xPL network
> going on in there :-)

Xplrionet worked purely on xpl (e.g. the web interface worked via xpl) but
xplmedianet removed the dependency to stay in tune with the 'modular'
design

But as I couldn't be @rsed to rewrite all the code, I chose a text array
items=values and text string item1=value1\nitem2=value2 etc format to
provide the transport for passing stuff around ;-)

Regards
Tony