xpl streamin SlimServer

  • Subject: xpl streamin SlimServer
  • From: "wudl10" <wudl10@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 01 Sep 2005 13:58:46 -0000

Hi
I am totally new to SlimServer and Slimdevices. I have 3 Question
(Problems).

First I using Windows XP and the latest SlimServer Software

1) I want to control Slimserver via xPL. I am using my Application
(built in Labview 7.1) ans SlimServer on the same Machine. I send
several commands to the UDP Port 3865 (localhost), but nothing
happens. My commands look like this:

xpl-cmnd
{
hop=1
source=mysource
target=*
}
audio.basic
{
command=stop
}

What is wrong. I tried alot of commands and various combinations.
Please help

2)can I use Squeezebox without SlimServer.
Is ist possble to stream mp3 in raw Datas?
3)can SlimServer stream more then one channel to several
Squeezeboxes.For example I have 2 Sqeezeboxes an d schould play
diffrent Playlist. Is that working with SlimServer

Thak you for your answers

wudl10