Re: plugin XML files

Howdy John,

> Great idea, and the addition of extra tags shouldn't break current
apps.

> How about something like:
>
> <locations>
>  <location url="http://www.xplproject.org.uk/plugins";
/>
>  <location url="http://www.xpl.myby.co.uk/support/xplhalweb/plugins";
/>
> </locations>

Have you had a chance to give this any more thought?  I like the fact that
it is backward compatible and seems like it would be a harmless but
potentially useful addition.

If you're good with it, any chance of adding it to the root plugin.xml
files?  I'll immediately add support for it in the xPL4Java plugin module
(it would be entirely transparent to anyone using it -- just would play
into
the existing plugin resolver).

Not trying to rush anything and a "not quite yet" answer is
perfectly OK.
Just trying to see if it may be time to move it along a bit :-)

Gerry
--
Gerry Duprey
Ann Arbor, MI 48103