Re: All Stopped

  • Subject: Re: All Stopped
  • From: "Mal Lansell" <mal@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2005 11:32:09 -0000

--- In ukha_xpl@xxxxxxx, "Ian Lowe" <ianlowe@x...> wrote:

> > The xAP guys have a xAP router to deal with this - I've been
thinking of
> doing an xPL > version - both to tunnel xPL messages over an SSH
connection
> and to bridge subnets on > a local network.
>
> Tony and I wrote one :)
>
> It uses blowfish encryption on the internet portion, and connects
two
> "sites" point to point - that being said, if you want to
turn it
into a
> service (or write a fresh one), rather than a standalone app... ;)

My original plan was more along the lines of a simple VNC-style
client/server pair that would send xPL traffic as unencrypted TCP
packets between the two endpoints (although the server was to handle
multiple connections), with the security provided where necessary by
the underlying connection - SSH, VPN etc.

The idea of handling my own security is a bit scary to be honest,
but I see a lot of things use Blowfish, so I may give it a look
(xPLDiag first though!)

Mal