RE: - update Re: having trouble getting xPL comfort to set outputs

  • Subject: RE: - update Re: having trouble getting xPL comfort to set outputs
  • From: "John B" <home-automation@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 1 Oct 2005 10:08:21 +0100

Hi Adrian,

> have found some interesting stuff in relation to this. Have
> managed to get a determinator to trigger the outputs,
> previous ones didnt work, only difference i saw was the name
> of the device was different (in this case jackson1 vs
> jackson) - i did have initial problems changing the name on
> this so this may have attributed to it
>
> however if i try and click on the device (comfort) and choose
> to set an output, it fails.  Heres the 2 entries from the
> monitor (as both the determinator and trying it directly use
> a xpl message)
>
> doesnt work     device=2
>                         type=output
>                         current=Off
> does work       device=2
>                         type=output
>                         current=off
>
> and the difference is the 'Off' has a captial O, the other is
> all lower case, otherwise the xpl message is identical

Yep, Comfort will only respond to the lowercase off.

That's an error in my plug-in file - sorry.

I'll amend the plug-in shortly - if you do an Update Plug-ins from the
Help menu in xPLHal manager, you should pick up the latest version of my
plug-in (give me about 5 minutes to change it after posting this).

When you do a right-click on the device and select Set Output, the
states should now all be in lower case.

Regards,

John