Re: Re: xPLExec

  • Subject: Re: Re: xPLExec
  • From: Mal Lansell <mal@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 06 Nov 2005 12:30:09 +0000

A new version of xPLExec is now available at
http://www.xplmonkey.com/downloads/xplexec.msi

This build fixes the problem where only .exe files could be added to the
permitted programs list via the dialog.  It now allows the user to
properly select .exe, .bat, .com and .cmd files.

I have also removed the need for the program path to be included in the
exec.basic messages.  The path is now extracted from the permitted
programs list instead.  If any path elements are present in the message,
they are ignored.

Thanks to Tom for spotting the config bug and suggesting the path
improvment.

Regards

Mal

Mal Lansell wrote:

> Inline...
>
> Tom Van den Panhuyzen wrote:
>
> > Mal,
> > Some minor issues - I am writing them down because I noticed
them,
> not to
> > be picky, ok ? ;-)
> > - default name = "DEFAULT" (shouldn't that be
"instance1" ?)

> I think "default" is correct.
>
> > - no initial value for interval
> > - I had to edit these values twice before xplExec would appear in
the
> > xplDevices list - it stayed in the Awaiting Config state (yes, I
> > refreshed -
> > maybe an xplHal issue ?)
>
> Interval defaults to 5 - I don't know why it wouldn't show up.  I
don't
> have anything except the device name in the vendor xml file - I wonder
> if that could have anything to do with it?
>
> > - The configuration application allows a user to pick
".bat" files, but
> > these files do not appear in the filelist. I was able to enter
the name
> > directly though and it accepted it.
>
> OK - I'll look into that.
>
> > - My original batch is a ".cmd" but your configuration
application only
> > accepts ".bat". Maybe not an issue as I really do not
know the