De-lurk and Java CM12 question

  • Subject: De-lurk and Java CM12 question
  • From: "Gavin Sallery" <gavin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 6 Nov 2005 13:24:52 -0000

Hello all,

I've been reading this list for a few weeks now, having first found out
about it from various xPL websites.  This is my first post, so first of all
a thank-you to everyone who's been posting interesting and insightful stuff
to the list.

My first question is, does anyone have a good way of controlling an X10
transceiver such as a CM12U from xPL4Java?  I understand that there are a
number of options for Windows users, and that Homevision's X10 abilities
are
supported by xPL4Java, but I have seen no mention of a way of controlling
X10 networks without either a Homevision controller or a Windows PC.

My second question is, if nobody knows of a way of doing this, who would be
interested in using sch and xPL4Java module?  I have plenty of programming
experience but not much time, so before I dive in to writing anything
myself, I'd like to know if it would be useful to anyone else.  I can see
it
being a useful addition, so if it's of use to more than a handful of users
I'll see about implementing something.

I'm also working on an xPL4Java module to report the presence (or absence)
of particular Bluetooth radio identifiers; the basics are working but I
have
no way of configuring it apart from DCM - once a UI is working, I'll post a
link to the list.  The idea is that you can trigger home automation events
based on a particular person (or specifically, their mobile phone)
approaching or leaving the building - does this sound like a useful
feature?

Let me know what you think,

Gavin Sallery