Re: xPL-LCD Update

  • Subject: Re: xPL-LCD Update
  • From: Gerry Duprey <gerry@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 01 Nov 2005 07:49:14 -0500

Howdy,

> While testing  i reconfigured the lcdosd via xplmanager , i only
edited the
> instance  didnt touch the interval and the lcdosd didnt respond to the
new
> conf....Must say it was handy being able to force the lcdosd to send
out a
> hbeat using the new command "Poll for devices" as i could
see all was well
> but the lcdosd was still the old config.....I was able to send an xpl
> message to configure the lcdosd using the "send xpl
message"....

Did you try DCM?  It knows things like interval and such are mandatory and
will not allow you to send a configuration out with them being blank.

Are you sure that the config.current your device sends out (when it's
queried) has everything in it (including interval= values)?  Thats where
defaults come from and if it's blank, it would make sense the config apps
would display a blank.

Gerry
--
Gerry Duprey