Re: Re: xPLHubs (again!)

----- Original Message -----
From: "John B" <home-automation@xxxxxxx>
To: <ukha_xpl@xxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, March 15, 2005 7:30 AM
Subject: RE: [ukha_xpl] Re: xPLHubs (again!)

Well the format is the same, in that the same code will read or write it
whatever the platform - just the byte ordering ends up different in the
finished file.

snip 8<

> Agreed - I can't see a situation where extra data would need to be
> stored unless there are big changes to the way in which hubs operate.
> However, if we go with CSV, we can simply state that any extra fields,
> after the 3 that are specified, can simply be ignored by any hub that
> doesn't understand them.

Well it's easy enough to use CSV, so I don't have a problem with it.  Tom's
suggestion seemed quite reasonable, although you may as well put the date
formating items in to make it truly human readable - which I think means
we're back to where we started with your original suggestion of

50000,5,2005-03-13 15:04:44
50001,9,2005-03-13 15:09:31

Etc.

:-)