RE: Re: xPLMediaNet Lives

  • Subject: RE: Re: xPLMediaNet Lives
  • From: "Tony Tofts" <tony@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2005 07:21:09 -0000

Thanks Guys.

> I'm in awe at your coding speed - either that, or you're
> goofing off and doing xPLMediaNet instead of what you're
> supposed to be working on ;-)

Actually it's not been too bad so far, as the modules I've got working are
pretty much the same as the xplrionet ones, just a few changes to turn them
into dll's with a standard structure. Only the core is brand new.

Until I have some working clients I can't be sure what performance will be
like, but the booting of the rio's/mvp's seems more consistent already :-)

One issue I have is that the xplmedianet.xml needs to reference the dll's
load and currently I have 2 items for this:

Module="nfs.dll" and class="NFS.NFS"

It's the class bit I don't like, and could confuse people. I'm thinking it
would be better to drop 'class' (especially as it's case sensitive) and
just
have module? This means any dll's written would have to conform to a set
standard for assembly name and namespace (which would be both set to the
dll
name in uppercase). The downside is that you couldn't access multiple
namespaces in a single dll. Thoughts/comments?

> Anyhow, it would be good to nail the media.basic schema
> before anything is released that uses it - any chance you
> could you post your take on it for review?

I'll have to build up the list from xplrionet, will then post it for
additions/corrections.

Regards
Tony