RE: Re: xplphone problems

> > I have found also that it is a soft modem (that I have to
> admit I do
> > not know what are the implications of this).
>
> A soft modem is probably (though I'm not sure) like a
> winmodem in that it's software driven rather than pure hardware

Yep.

> I doubt it supports voice

Not sure on that.

> > a) buy an external modem with voice support (inf file included).
In
> > this case which one ?
>
> Easiest, but I bought a usr/3com message modem and still had
> to write my own inf!

I've used xPLPhone with my Hayes Accura V90 internal voicemodem and it
worked perfectly.
100% reliable.

I haven't used the app for over a year now, as Comfort is now my
answring machine/home control interface.

But at my last house, I used xPLPhone for quite a while (ever since it
was first released) and found it to be rock solid.

Regards,

John