Re: Possible pauses with xPLHAL

The hub is only needed to distribute xpl messages on a pc to the different
xpl apps. A device sends a msg (e.g. a hbeat.basic) to the hub. The hub
then
distributes this message to all its client xpl applications.
The device should listen on port 3865 for broadcasted UDP packages and
handle those - it does not depend on a hub.
Cheers
Tom

On 7/21/05, Gregg Liming <gregg@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> Ian Lowe wrote:
>
> >From the xPL Protocol spec:
> >

> [...snip...]
>
> >So, the heartbeat messages are ok! The additional port= and
remote-ip=
> >are added to allow the PC Hubs to operate.
> >

> Thanks Ian. I hadn't noticed the hbeat.basic schema reference in the
> logged messages below.
>
> Given the comment above about use of the additional port and remote-ip
> to allow pc hubs to operate, does this imply that devices that send
out
> hbeat.basic messages cannot be supported by a hub? If not, how should
> the hub determine the appropriate port to forward messages to?
>
> Gregg
>
> >Ian.

goes.

> >>Neil,
> >>
> >> I don't know if this is related to your problem, but isn't
your
> >>device's heartbeat message lacking some info (port and
remote-ip)?
> >>That would definitely explain why you never got comms using
mh's hub
> >>as it relies on the port info to know which port to
rebroadcast on
> >>(for local hub listeners). Also, from the log, I notice 2 in a
row
> >>with the same time stamp--yet, the interval specifies 2
(minutes).