RE: Possible pauses with xPLHAL

>From the xPL Protocol spec:

Heartbeat Messages
Heartbeat Messages should be sent by all devices on an xPL network (with
the exception of hubs). The heartbeats allow for configuration, health
monitoring, diagnosis of problems, and logging of events. The heartbeat
interval is defined by the developer, and may be anything from five
minutes to thirty minutes. There are two template heartbeat schemas
currently defined.

Small Devices, such as PIC Systems :
xpl-stat
{
hop=1
source=ACME-LAMP.LIVINGROOM
target=*
}
hbeat.basic
{
interval=[interval in minutes]
(...additional info defined by the developer)
}

PC Based Applications, using Ethernet:
xpl-stat
{
hop=1
source=XPL-XPLHAL.MYHOUSE
target=*
}
hbeat.app
{
interval=[interval in minutes]
port=[listening port]
remote-ip=[local IP address]
(...additional info defined by the developer)
}

It should be apparent to the reader that the .app heartbeat type is an
extension of the .basic type. Heartbeat messages must use one of these
schemas as a template. They may include additional elements within the
message body, however, the base elements must be present.

So, the heartbeat messages are ok! The additional port= and remote-ip=
are added to allow the PC Hubs to operate.

Ian.