RE: Possible pauses with xPLHAL

> Thanks Ian.  I hadn't noticed the hbeat.basic schema reference in the
logged messages
> below.

> Given the comment above about use of the additional port and remote-ip
to allow pc hubs
> to operate, does this imply that devices that send out hbeat.basic
messages cannot be
> supported by a hub?

Yup - that's right.

The .app extension of the hbeat schema is intended to allow for hub
operation, in a system where more than one xpl app is running in a given
machine.

The schemas are all structured in this way - the .basic version includes
the simplest version of the message required, extended versions always
include the .basic information, then a set of known extensions. It means
that an application which only uses the .basic version can actually
listen for schema.* safe in the knowledge that whatever extended schema
is being used by the device, the .basic info is all going to be there
(and importantly, is going to be there at the top of the message body,
in the order expected!)

In practice, for this situation, this means that any PC based
application should really be issuing hbeat.app and *not* hbeat.basic
messages.

> If not, how should the hub determine the appropriate port to forward
messages to?

Exactly ;)

Ian.