Latest message you have seen: RE: PC to RS485 bridge

config.response messages

Hi all,

(well, this is really aimed at either Ian or Tony I guess)

If I send a device a message like:

config.response
{
newconf=my_instance
}

I would have thought that all the other config items (interval, filters,
groups) should remain unchanged.
Is this the case?
I'm sure this is the way xpl.ocx works, and it was certainly the way xpllib
v2.x worked.

The reason I ask is that if you send the above message to a xpllib v3
device, it will drop all other config values - interval, filters, groups -
they all just disappear!

The protocol spec doesn't make it clear what will happen if not all config
items are specified, but I'm pretty sure that you're just supposed to leave
the existing value in place if a new value isn't specified in the
config.response.

Thanks,

John