Latest message you have seen: RE: Re: Serial protocol questions

RE: Re: Serial protocol questions

  • Subject: RE: Re: Serial protocol questions
  • From: "Neil Wrightson" <neilw@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2005 18:26:36 +1100

Hi Frank,

1) Yes I would have a go at the main controller, as yet I do not have ANY
xPL experience at all but, so what, live and learn.

2) PLED ?? LCD,S.......no - Please explain?? Do you have a link ??

3) What !!! No CBUS ;-))
I like the idea of the 485 network being autonomous, does not have to be
connected to a PC. Perhaps the Network controller could have a 3rd serial
port for connection to CBus?

4) Personally not too keen to develop 240v kit - I was looking at placing
these terminals right beside the normal room ON/OFF switch. Easy to
parallel
up the switch contacts to the terminal. If it is on the PCB, let it be up
the individual as to what they wire up

5) Why is 24v dc required ???? I was thinking of having an on board 12V
switching regulator for driving standard security PIR's as well as for an
Audio amp. Unregulated 24V allows for voltage drop on the cables.

6) Even the terminals (Slaves) will be quite busy. They will have to
handle -
- High speed comms to Master
- RTC functionality
- IR Tx & Rx