Re: xPLRioNet - What Next

  • Subject: Re: xPLRioNet - What Next
  • From: "timmysaw2" <timmysaw@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2005 08:00:33 -0000

I too would like to see the problem with high bitrate playback fixed
for the Rio receivers. I've looked into transcoding, but found it a
bit too intimidating. Most of my media is 192K VBR or better so I'm
faced with a fair amount of stutter issues.

Other items include:
- Time display on the screen
- Volume display (even if only during adjustment) so that the user
would have some feedback other than an hearing the level shift. That
way the user would have a visual reference of what was to be
changing.
- Users selectable Insert/Append/Replace for track selection &
playlist management.
- audible (not the format, but scanning you can hear) FFwd/Rwd (scan
not skip) through a given track so you can identify where you are
during the search/scan function.
- Improved web support specifically, for playlist management. I
don't find it very easy (possible?) to manipulate playlists from the
web interface.
- and this is probably way outside the scope of reality, but I'd
love to see the ability to play RealMedia streams. I haven't thought
of how I'd navigate to them, but it would sure be great to be able
to play them somewhere other than on my PC.
- A working Pause/Play button.
- Way out there sweetness would be to have a user configurable UI,
ie. I could change the Repeat button to function as a toggle for
insert mode, or say while it is playing a track the center click of
the volume knob could display additional track details...
- There's a good one, some display of additional track detail from
the ID3v1 or v2 tags.
- remappable remote control codes.
http://empeg-hijack.sourceforge.net/ir_translate.html
has a nice
example of what would really be slick! He might even share some code
for this as if I recall correctly, he got it from someone else...
- How about visuals?

Alright, I'll stop there... :-)

Thanks for all your great work Tony.