Re: xPLRioNet - What Next

  • Subject: Re: xPLRioNet - What Next
  • From: "mark_harrison_uk2" <mph@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2005 23:55:46 -0000

--- In ukha_xpl@xxxxxxx, "Tony Tofts" <tony@x> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Please could any xplrionet users post, over the next few days, their
> prefered priorities for the next batch of fixes/improvements etc
> please?

The most important thing that's still a major issue for me is the
"stuttering when playing high bit-rate MP3s" problem. I realise
that
there's a server-side work-around, but I'm using a Via silent PC (the
equivalant of about a Celeron-800 to serve 7 Rios) - the music is
served off my big server, which is a P2-300 with lots of disk, so
there isn't much CPU capacity floating around to transcode.

It would also be nice if I could sync other Rios to an already playing
Rio - the version I have only lets me sync to a Rio that is, itself,
stopped.

Apologies if these are already fixed - I'm a bit behind in my patching
xPLRioNet - about 172 versions, or two weeks, out of date :-)

This weekend I hope to re-install the latest version from scratch,
point it at my MySQL server rather than the built-in database, turn on
logging, and try to work out why my MVPs don't want to play.

Regards,

Mark