Re: motion detectors: need some input

  • Subject: Re: motion detectors: need some input
  • From: "rectorydp" <dpullen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2005 13:51:41 -0000

Tom

This would work fine. I use standard PIRs with VIOMs connected with
MSS100s.

Many PIRs are Normally Closed (NC) and so I connect the PIR relay
across the input and the -ve rail on the VIOM. I configure the input
as "active high". Whenever the PIR activates (the input is
disconnected from the -ve rail), the VIOM input goes on.

It is possible to reduce the traffic if you get any problems by
settings the input as latched and then doing a reset every few minutes
- but not necessary.

With the MSS100 and the redirector software, the VIOM will look as if
it is directly connected to a COM port.

If you have any questions just let me know. I only get the digest so
the response may not be immediate.

BR
David

--- In ukha_xpl@xxxxxxx, Tom Van den Panhuyzen <tomvdp@g...>