Re: rio Boot Problem (newbee)

  • Subject: Re: rio Boot Problem (newbee)
  • From: "hmm..." <jemmi_cate@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 08 Jan 2005 23:51:10 -0000

I have one of each - a dell and a Rio. I have had the situation
you're finding... this is what to do.

Unplug the units from the wall
shut down the XPL service from Windows (control panel /
administrative Tools / Services)
Plug both units in and turn them on. Then restart the XPL service
while they're booting up. They should find the service fairly
quickly. If it takes longer than 5 min then something is wrong.

Another thing to try is leaving both units unplugged and restarting
server computer then plugging them in and restarting the players

Also make 100% sure that the IP address in the xplconfig is correct.
My router was assigning a new IP address to my server on reboot and I
didn't catch that right away.

I also had some issues using a wireless bridge on the Rio... but I
think was more to do with my wireless set up than anything, but I
often had trouble connecting

--- In ukha_xpl@xxxxxxx, "freddywright" <fred.wright@g...>