From: "Neil Frost" <neil@xxxxxxx>
To: <ukha_xpl@xxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, January 05, 2005 9:41 AM
Subject: [ukha_xpl] Shot Down in Flames

Had some friends round tonight.... Had my MP3's playing using my Exstreamer
being controlled by xPLRioNet....

Had my laptop on, jukebox mode... looking good, sounding good....

My friend said... "Here can you play track 3 on this CD
please"......

Err..... erm errr..... hang on let me get my old portable CD player... :-(

Apart from ripping someone else's CD or track to play once... there was
nothing I could do.... :-(

The audio for the lounge, apart from using the TV and DVD player is all
MP3's now all in NODE0 as is the amp for the ceiling speakers...

I've only got CAT5 in the lounge, (apart from the Sky cable that waiting
for
me to buy KAT5 units and move to NODE0).

What can I do....??? Ideally a device that looks like a CD player that
could
be controlled like the Exstreamer... any ideas??? The barix instreamer
looks
good but at £300 is a bit on the pricey side....

Neil

xPL Links: http://www.xplproject.org.uk http://www.xplhal.com
http://www.xpl.myby.co.uk