Shot Down in Flames

  • Subject: Shot Down in Flames
  • From: "Neil Frost" <neil@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2005 22:41:59 -0000

Had some friends round tonight.... Had my MP3's playing using my
Exstreamer=
being controlled by xPLRioNet....

=20

Had my laptop on, jukebox mode... looking good, sounding good....

=20

My friend said... "Here can you play track 3 on this CD
please"......=20

=20

Err..... erm errr..... hang on let me get my old portable CD player... :-(

=20

Apart from ripping someone else's CD or track to play once... there was
not=
hing I could do.... :-(

=20

The audio for the lounge, apart from using the TV and DVD player is all
MP3=
's now all in NODE0 as is the amp for the ceiling speakers...

=20

I've only got CAT5 in the lounge, (apart from the Sky cable that waiting
fo=
r me to buy KAT5 units and move to NODE0).=20

=20

What can I do....??? Ideally a device that looks like a CD player that
coul=
d be controlled like the Exstreamer... any ideas??? The barix instreamer
lo=
oks good but at =A3300 is a bit on the pricey side....

=20

Neil

xPL Links: http://www.xplproject.org.uk http://www.xplhal.com http://www.xp=
l.myby.co.uk