Re: xPLRioNet v3.8z released

  • Subject: Re: xPLRioNet v3.8z released
  • From: "tonytofts" <tony@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 02 Jan 2005 07:24:01 -0000

Hi James,

> Music and shoutcasts are working fine, I can control them from the
web
> and am also seeing xpl packets of transport changes and track
names.
> When I go to the movie menu I get a blue screen with a line 2/3s
the way
> down and a white box top left. If I push the arrow keys the box
> sometimes moves to another location and in some of these locations
when
> I click ok i get the video playing. Of course what video plays is
total
> guess work as i don't see any thumbnails or track titles. Is there
a way
> of knowing what will play?

To see if it is seeing your videos can you go to the movie menu and
press 'full' on remote a couple of times please. This should take
you to a text only menu of videos.

It seems it's unable to render any images for some reason.

Have you got any pictures scanned in, do you see these thumbnails?

> When I do play a video I can pause and stop but fast forward and
rewind
> don't work, is this correct?

Fast forward and rewind are not yet implemented

> After I stop a video and it goes back to the movie menu if I try
and
> select another movie it doesn't play, I have to reboot the mvp or
wait
> for 60 seconds or so.

Sounds like a rendering issue

> When the mvp is playing a video the web interface says
"Stopped"
and
> doesn't have any information of what is currently playing. I
presume a
> web selection of videos is on the todo list.

Yep, the web interface relates only to the music side at the moment.

> I am also not seeing any xpl packets for any video actions.  I see
lots
> for music but nothing for video. Is there something to turn on
somewhere?

Not yet, again i don't think xpl is enabled on video/pictures as yet

> my xplrionet.xml is:

It shouldnt make any difference, but can you add the following lines
and try again please?

<mvpmovies top="32" left="0" width="176"
height="136"
columns="3" rows="2" frametime="0"
thumb="" />

<mvppictures top="32" left="0" width="176"
height="136"
columns="3" rows="2" />

Thanks
Tony