Re: xPLRioNet v3.8z released

Tony,

I am just trying this software for the first time and am having a few
problems. It's probably just me but if you could give a few pointers.
I am running this on winxp sp2, no firewall, the 38z release with the
extra gpl zip loaded and the mvp dongle copied over. All I am currently
connecting to it is 1 MVP. There is a library of mpg2 videos and mp3s
which have been scanned.
Music and shoutcasts are working fine, I can control them from the web
and am also seeing xpl packets of transport changes and track names.
When I go to the movie menu I get a blue screen with a line 2/3s the way
down and a white box top left. If I push the arrow keys the box
sometimes moves to another location and in some of these locations when
I click ok i get the video playing. Of course what video plays is total
guess work as i don't see any thumbnails or track titles. Is there a way
of knowing what will play?
When I do play a video I can pause and stop but fast forward and rewind
don't work, is this correct?
After I stop a video and it goes back to the movie menu if I try and
select another movie it doesn't play, I have to reboot the mvp or wait
for 60 seconds or so.
When the mvp is playing a video the web interface says "Stopped"
and
doesn't have any information of what is currently playing. I presume a
web selection of videos is on the todo list.
I am also not seeing any xpl packets for any video actions.  I see lots
for music but nothing for video. Is there something to turn on somewhere?

my xplrionet.xml is:

<?xml version="1.0" standalone="no"?>
<configuration>
<settings>
<server ip="192.168.0.77" />
<dhcp enabled="Y" />
<database connect="" />
<ports portmap="111" mount="21077"
nfs="21078" clients="12078"
synch="8081" server="8080" />
<proxy server="" port="" />
<xplhub enabled="Y" />
<mvp enabled="Y" media="53000"
display="53050" tvtype="pal"
tvconnect="composite" tvaspect="4:3"
tvflicker="medium"
bgcolour="0,0,192" fgcolour="255,255,255"
font="Arial" fontsize="18"
fontbold="N" fontitalic="N" frametime="0"
thumb="" />
<mvpmenu coverart="Y" left="389" top="9"
width="200" height="200"
details="Y" margin="32" artist="220"
album="250" track="280" />
<rio enabled="Y" lineout="N" />
<slimp3 enabled="N" server="3483" />
<logging enabled="Y" />
<coverart enabled="Y" filename="cover.jpg"
width="200" height="200"
album="jpg" />
<albumthumbs enabled="Y" filename="folder.jpg"
width="40"
height="40" album="jpg" />
<tts enabled="n" url="localhost:48000" />
<exstreamer enabled="N" listen="12321"
stream="2020" command="12301" />
</settings>
</configuration>

Thanks in advance.

James

tonytofts wrote:

>>a folder.bmp inside my "movies" folder doesn't have any
effect -