Re: Poll Explanation

On Thu, 17 Feb 2005 20:17:56 -0000, Ian Lowe <ian@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> You missed an option!
>
> "I'm so darn busy, I have less than 10 minutes free time a week
to spend on
> this stuff right now"

I'm in the same boat, I had a xPL conversion of the xAP/1-wire gateway
I wrote almost done, but it got lost when the powercut killed my hdd.
I don't have the time currently to re-start that work.

dammit I don't even have any time to install any X10 modules on
anything!!! I have a couple of those MSS100's in the post, but I bet
they'll sit on my desk for ages before they get installed.

After the last UKHA meeting, I bought some trunking after I saw Ian's
DIY case for his VFD, it's still waiting to be constructed.

Ian Bird made a PCB of the room occupancy detector that I soldered
together over 2 years ago before I moved to Sheffield, that's still
sitting in it's box waiting to be tested.

I have a network of 1-wire temp sensors around the house, before the
crash I managed to get the readings on a graph ... woopee!

> Tbh Gerry, you make a very compelling point - platform independence is
a good
> thing to aim for.. *BUT* there's a catch. The original developers are
all
> windows based, and repeated requests for Linux developers to take up
the
> challenge and run with us have fallen flat.

I could just copy the above reply for this too, any Linux HA apps I
write are written for me, and if others use them great! But then, I
don't have the time to install any HA, therefore I don't have the need
to write any software :-(

There is at least one Linux dev on the list (me) and eventually I will
have the need & the time to develop something.

And on that day, war will cease, everyone will have food to eat,
global warming will be a thing of the past, Celtic & Rangers fans will
skip down the street holding hands and the conspiracy behind Kennedy's
death will finally be revealed.

--
-S
http://www.makepovertyhistory.org/