Re: xpl on freeBSD?

Howdy,

>>I'm not running a windows machine as my server bu freeBSD.

> I'm guessing there is also an implementation of Java for FreeBSD, so
you should be able to use Gerry's xPL Java framework (I'm sure Gerry can
clarify whether FreeBSD is a supported platform).

Unfortunatly, the FreeBSD Java project (available at
http://www.freebsd.org/java/)
has only ported upto Java 1.4 (though it appears
they are working on 1.5 here http://www.freebsd.org/java/dists/15.html)
and my
framework depends heavily on features in Java 1.5 (or Java5), so until they
are able to port a newer Java version.

I did see some info on using the Sun Linux port of Java under FreeBSD using
Linux compatibility mode, but that is getting far afield of my expertise.

Best of luck,

Gerry

--
Gerry Duprey