RE: xPLRioNet Status Update

  • Subject: RE: xPLRioNet Status Update
  • From: "Tony Tofts" <tony@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 6 Feb 2005 08:31:57 -0000

Hi All,

Another update.

Version 3.09.10 is with the testers as the previous test version has some
issues (due to me being brain dead!)

Version 3.09.11 is well underway for release as per items below

Rio can now play ogg natively - but this is currently disabled as it
effects
the ability to have TTS announcements while playing an ogg track. Cannot
currently add flac natively as the sheer size of the files means I can't
pump the data fast enough to keep the buffers full... Will look into this
further (my sample flac file is 5x the size of the mp3 it was cut from - is
this typical?)

The issue I was having with riocast crackling on the rio with shoutcast dsp
turns out to be as I had it set to 22050 sample rate. It appears that riot
(and the original xplrionet client too) don't handle 22050. Which suggests
an issue with the MADlib library. To get around the issue for now, if an
mp3
is found to be encoded in 22050 then xplrionet will attempt to transcode it
to 44100 using built-in settings and maintaining the bit rate of the
original. There is no work around for shoutcast streams at this time.

The ability to browse by folders (probably only noticed by MVP users) was
broken with recent scanner changes. Basically if you just scanned music,
you
could no longer browse by folder for pictures/movies. If you then scanned
by
pictures (for example) you could not browse music or movies. DOH! This is
fixed in the next release, but you'll need to run either a full scan or
individual scans to correct the stored folder data.

With regards to the support for riot on the rio, synch is not yet supported
and tts isn't great with regards to how prompt it plays.

Although the latest version may be released today, it may be delayed a
couple of days.

Regards
Tony