Re: xPLComfort install trouble

All items are running on one machine.

Event log shows:
Error initialising xPL Comfort: System.NullReferenceException: Object
reference not set to
an instance of an object.
at xpllib.XplConfigItems.Add(String itemName, String itemValue,
xplConfigTypes
itemtype, Int32 itemCount)
at xpllib.XplListener.LoadState()
at xpllib.XplListener.BasicInit()
at xpllib.XplListener..ctor(String strSource, Int32 InstanceNo)
at xplComfort.comfort.Initialise()
at xplComfort.xPLComfort.OnStart(String[] args)

The sequence of events in the event log is:
(1) xPLComfort service started ok
(2) 50 seconds later, xPLComfort service failed to start because the
C:\<Windows_Directory>\System32\xpl_johnb-comfort.instance1.xml file
could not be accessed
as something else had it open.
(3) All subsequent start attempts failed with the NullReferenceException
above.

I don't remember what I did that may have contributed to this now though
:-(

Updating plug-ins gives an error for xpl-schema-collection.xml, wmute.xml
and petec.xml,
but doesn't say what the error is, only "unable to download the plug
in". What does this
mean?

Anyway, deleting
C:\<Windows_Directory>\System32\xpl_johnb-comfort.instance1.xml and
reinstalling xPLComfort (didn't try just restarting it) did the trick (so I
don't know why
it didn't work first time around).

Now that it seems to be working, I could do with some simple help on the
scripting. For
starters, I'd like to display a slimp3 message when any input zone gets
modified. I have
the meteor script that sends slimp3 messages, so I can see how to do that
bit.

What I think I need is some code that will:
(a) Check that the incoming message is of type sensor.basic
(b) Check that the type property in the message is "input"

Is there an online examples page that shows trivial things like this to get
you started?

Thanks,
Paul