Re: xPLComfort install trouble

Hi Paul,

> Anyway, deleting
C:\<Windows_Directory>\System32\xpl_johnb-comfort.instance1.xml and
> reinstalling xPLComfort (didn't try just restarting it) did the trick
(so I don't know why
> it didn't work first time around).

Glad you got it sorted in the end.

> Now that it seems to be working, I could do with some simple help on
the scripting. For
> starters, I'd like to display a slimp3 message when any input zone
gets modified. I have
> the meteor script that sends slimp3 messages, so I can see how to do
that bit.

> What I think I need is some code that will:
> (a) Check that the incoming message is of type sensor.basic
> (b) Check that the type property in the message is "input"

You could try the following script - you'll need to substitute
"myserver" with the actual instance of your Comfort application
as it appears under "xPL Devices".

Sub johnb_comfort_myserver_trigger(XplMsg)
' First examine the type parameter
Select Case Xpl.GetParam(xplmsg,"type",True)
Case "input"
If xpl.GetParam(xplmsg,"current",True) = "on" Then
' Zone has been activated
call
xpl.SendMsg("","","osd.basic","command=clear"
& vbLf & "text=Zone " &
xpl.GetParam(xplmsg,"device",True) & " activated!")
End If
End Select
End Sub

The above routine will display a message on any OSD device like:

"Zone 3 activated!"

Hopefully this gives you enough code to get you going - just ask away if
there's something you're not sure about.

You could expand the above to do a select statement on the zone number to
give messages like
"Front door opened", "Hall movement" etc.

Regards,

John