Re: xPLLib License Issue...

I'd love to install CBus, but I can't justify the disruption and
redecoration to install it.  I thought the wireless solution would be
the answer, but there is no PC interface (I know I could probably open
and hack the remotes, but I may as well use ZWave instead)

Mal

Frank Mc Alinden wrote:

> Thanks Mal
>
> Has a browse and couldnt find anything regarding Oz style Zwave plugin
> modules.....
> Might have to have another look at trying to get my CBUS Wireless
gateway
> working ...
>
> Thanks
> Frank

straightforward
> > to break them out and mount the contents in a suitable box for a
"wired"
> > version, with the local control connected to a momentary wall
switch.

> > The remote is supposedly essential for configuring the network,
but I've
> > managed to set up modules using the USB interface and some quick
and
> > dirty c# code ;-).  You definitely don't need the £130 software
that
> > Lets Automate suggests - drivers for their PC interface can be
obtained
> > quite easily.
> >
> > I'm not going to be allowed to release my code publically until
the
> > ZWave SDK on which it is based is released, and the SDK key
purchase /
> > unlock system is in place, but I will be able to send the
application
> > out privately (when it's a bit more done!) for testing before
then.

> > Regards
> >
> > Mal
> >

> > Frank Mc Alinden wrote:
> >
> >> Hi Mal

> >> This is interesting.....What modules are currently available
to te UK
> >> Market...???....I would like to use some plugin modules but
im
> >> reluctant to
> >> use x10 plugin modules as i currently only have one and
sometimes it
> >> works
> >> and sometimes it doesnt....Wonder if there are any Oz
versions of the
> >> Zwave
> >> kit available...????
> >>
> >> Frank

changes
> (hooray!).

ZWave via
> their PC
download and use

> I can
releasing the

> license?  Or
seriously
> impede my

> >> xPL Links: http://www.xplproject.org.uk http://www.xplhal.com
> >> http://www.xpl.myby.co.uk

> >>     *  Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo!
Terms of