Re: Java DCM error?

Howdy,

> I can't imagine it's the case, but I've not tested DCM with Java 1.6
yet.  I
> would suspect if there were any incompatibilities, they would be along
the

I just finished downloading Java 1.6 and installed it on my Linux box.  I
was able to start DCM and use it with no error messages on the console.

So it seems unlikely it's the Java 1.6 part (can you confirm you have the
1.6.0-rc version (release candidate)?  (type java -version on the command
line).  If you have an earlier 1.6 release, you may want to update it (not
that I really think this is the problem, but who knows).

Are you running any firewall software (like iptables or ipchains)?  Or is
it
possible that when you installed the system, it offered you various
firewall
or network security options and you chose one?  I don't know why such a
thing would be configured to reject attempts to create broadcast ports, but
that is a possible configuration option in iptables (linux firewall).

Gerry
--
Gerry Duprey
Ann Arbor, MI 48103