Re: Java DCM error?

Howdy,

Usually that happens when you want to use a port already in use.   But
since
DCM isn't using any specific port (like any xPL app).  I've also seen this
on some oddly configured networks (not in DCM/Java, just other broadcast
oriented apps)

It could be a permissions issue too.  Do you have a full stack trace of the
error (if you are starting it from the command line, there should
(hopefully) be more that goes along with that error) -- it would help me
narrow down what is happening and make other suggestions.

I can't imagine it's the case, but I've not tested DCM with Java 1.6 yet.
would suspect if there were any incompatibilities, they would be along the
lines errors about class file format though then networking, but.  I'll try
to test out with 1.6 today.

Gerry

Gerry

Ian Lowe wrote:
> Gerry - I;m trying to run the DCM on ubuntu linux, have the 1.6 JRE
> installed - when I launch DCM, I see the app appear, however, it then
> errors, saying "Error attempting to start the xPL Network
handler: