Re: Re: Email Test & Introduction

Howdy,

> Very very cool, I think of some nice uses for this. I however don't
> have the hardware for building this, are you planning on selling these
> as finished products? Programming them and controlling them from the
> pc seems pretty easy.

Perhaps -- I'm not looking to build them myself, but I am talking to a
fabricator that could do most of the nasty work (soldering the SMD devices)
and make the rest of the board easy to assemble.  Probably more info in
January or so.

>>ReplayTV-PC integration (www.dvarchive.org) would you? :-)
>
> Looks interesting, but I'm not to sure what exactly ReplayTV is? Is it
> something like a Tivo?

Yeah -- actually came out before TiVO (just slightly) and has some really
nice features like automatic commercial advance, build in networking (we've
been downloading to the desktop and streaming video to PC for 4+ years now
-- and no DRM crumpus on the downloaded files -- fairly straight forward
MPEG-2 files), cleaner interface (personal opinion), etc.  The device has
been through several companies (ReplayTV (smallish company), then SonicBlue
(smallish company), now DNNA (enormous company -- think Marantz and stuff),
and is still being sold and supported.

Like TiVO though, it's not HDTV capable.

Gerry
--
Gerry Duprey
Ann Arbor, MI 48103