Re: Re: Email Test & Introduction

Howdy,

> (4) Create a decent GUI. By this I mean that I want to create
> something similiar to ActiveHome and other HA Graphical Interfaces.
> The object is to create a nice looking GUI that can be used around the
> house on touch screens and other displays. This section is partly the
> integration with Freevo, but I'd like to have something standalone.
>
> I've got this setup currently running at home but without any xPL. I
> did a Home Automation project for university, but I used a mySQL

Wow -- sounds like we've walked an awfully similar path :-)

I've done about the same -- built an HA system on custom protocols and am
now replacing it with xPL stuff.  In fact, even the same on the touch
screens (can read the overview here http://www.cdp1802.org/touch and
about
the recent refit I did here http://www.cdp1802.org/house/Automation

The xPL GUI module I mentioned back is pretty much meant to be the
replacement for the software in the touch screens now (which is a
combination of Kylix (so technically there is an xPL4Kylix implementation
out there), C and C++).  But while the current app was custom built for my
place, I want to create a more general engine for the next version.  Not
only so I can share it with others, but because it'll make
creating/adjusting it a lot easier (I currently don't like making changes
because the rebuild process is tedious and hard to automate).

You wouldn't happen to be fascinated by RGBLEDs (www.rgbled.org) or
ReplayTV-PC integration (www.dvarchive.org) would you? :-)

Gerry
--