RE: xPL4Java V1.2 Framework availab

Wow!

That's an impressive sounding set of tools there Gerry - I'm downloaing
the new JRE for my Windows PC at the moment, I'll get it working on
"home turf" first, then try the Centos box in the corner.

Will this interact happily with an existing hub etc on a Windows
platform running the JRE?

It strikes me that this seems to be a very rounded set of tools - by
offering scripting across all platforms, there's a very compelling
possibilty here.

As we have been discussing on the list recently, "determinators"
are a
very powerful way of opening up the xPL environment for non-technical
users - and the xml fragments already provided by developers would
provide a very powerful way of extending this ease of use out onto the
other platforms.

I'm thinking that if you could construct a determinator engine in the
beanshell environment, it would allow non windows users to have access
to the determinator idea - if this used the XHCP protocol (like xplhal)
we could see the xPLHal Manager being used to configure a cross platform
environment (and vice versa - xhcp support on the java side would allow
a java based gui configuration tool to control both native Java and
xPLHal servers.

There could easily be stacks of work there, but there could also be some
pretty cool toys :D

Ian.