Re: xPL4Java V1.2 Framework availab

Howdy,

> Will this interact happily with an existing hub etc on a Windows
> platform running the JRE?

Sure -- the container (or stand-alone xPL4Java apps) have the ability to
run
a hub, but you can either turn the hub off or leave it in it's
"automatic"
setting (the default).  In that setting, if it senses something else is
using the xPL port, it assumes that there is a hub and uses it and doesn't
fire it's own hub up.

So it should interact just fine (of course, if it doesn't, let me know :-)

> I'm thinking that if you could construct a determinator engine in the
> beanshell environment, it would allow non windows users to have access
> to the determinator idea - if this used the XHCP protocol (like
xplhal)
> we could see the xPLHal Manager being used to configure a cross
platform
> environment (and vice versa - xhcp support on the java side would
allow
> a java based gui configuration tool to control both native Java and
> xPLHal servers.

An interesting thought -- use xPLHAL to define things, but have some sort
of
"determinator engine" in the background to run them.  Then that
engine
could be resident anywhere on any platform, talking to xPLHAL to
get/load/change/remote/execute determinators.

I'll have to spend some more time playing with determinators and giving it
some thought, but there may very well be something there.

Gerry
--
Gerry Duprey
Ann Arbor, MI 48103