xPL-Probe-Temp Sensing

  • Subject: xPL-Probe-Temp Sensing
  • From: "Frank Mc Alinden" <frankmc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 13 Aug 2005 09:11:04 +1000

Hi All
Thought i would mention a little project i have been working on for
a few weeks now..
I  currently use the TOM10 board for temp sensing, but thought it would be
nice if my Probe system could also monitor temp sensors as well as video +
led probes....This would save me a cat5 cable in each room ..as i have a
probe zone box currently in each room

First thing i did was surf the net for some asm pic code for the dallas
1820
1 wire temp sensor.
After a frustrating two weeks and trying  bits of different codes  i have
managed to get my probe system to read the temp sensor...At the moment
though it  only has a tolerence of .5degree but hopefully down the track i
can mod the code to get it down to 1/10 degree.....

Some resistor changed was  required in the Probe zone box ( and also the
probe hub) , my intension is to make probes 5+6 of each zone box a temp
probe  OR standard probe input ..The probe hub will auto detect if a temp
sensor is present....

Next is to order some dallas 1820 sensors and mod my  probe system and  try
it out ...Still a bit of work to be done............

Tonys xPL-PROBE plugin might require a slight mod as can be seen by the
captured message below it reports the temp as status rather than
current.....

xpl-stat
{
hop=1