Re: Newbie Install Help Needed

  • Subject: Re: Newbie Install Help Needed
  • From: "pmankuzh" <pmankuzh@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 09 Aug 2005 18:27:02 -0000

--- In ukha_xpl@xxxxxxx, "Tony Tofts" <tony@x> wrote:
> > I installed xplRioNet successfully, configured the settings
> > and started the service.  When I goto the web interface, all
> > I get is the generic Tomcast Page.  What am I doing wrong?
>
> I think you must have the xplrionet web server set to use the same
port
> number as tomcast (whatever that is)?
>
> In xplrionet.xml change the server= to something else like
server="8090" and
> try http://<ipaddress>:8090
>
> <ports portmap="111" mount="21077"
nfs="21078" clients="12078"
synch="8081"
> server="8080" />
>
> > I am getting xplRioNet start page on my Dell Receiver, but
> > the display seems to be jumbled up, rather some pixels are
> > missing so the text is hard to read.
>
> This is an issue with the pc that xplrionet is installed on, but
were not
> sure what the cause is
>
> Change usebold="n" in the following line should sort it
>
> <rio enabled = "Y" lineout="N"
clock="Y" clocklight="N"
clock24hr="N"
> usebold="Y" />
>
> > I had tRio.1.6 working on my set up (WinXP Pro) before I
> > installed xplRioNet.  I am assuming that I should have the
> > tRio server application running (i.e. started by running
> > tRio.bat) for xplRioNet to work also.  Is this correct?
>
> Nope, xplrionet is an alternative server/client app - no other
rio/ddar
> server should be running (indeed, musn't be running)
>
> Once you have a web page you'll be able to scan your music, but
make sure
> you've set the scan paths in scanner.xml
>
> All changes to xml files MUST be made with service stopped
>
> Regards
> Tony

Thanks for the help.  I will try that when I get home today.  The
page showing is Tomcat as in Apache Tomcat (I typed wrong as
Tomcast).  I initially thought XPLRioNet or tRio was using Tomcat
components.  I am not sure what else on my computer is using Tomcat.

I am sure I was using a format like try http://<ipaddress>:8090 when
I tried.  But I will change it to a different port because of this
conflict with something else on my computer.

I will also try your other suggestions.  Thanks again.